Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome to My Personal Dietitian!

As a Registered Dietitian for over 9 years, I have had the opportunity to work in many different places, with many different people and in various areas of expertise. Currently, I work at an outpatient facility affiliated with a large community hospital. While I spend most of my time working with diabetics and people who are getting and/or have had bariatric surgery, we see anybody and everybody who has been referred by their physician to see a dietitian. However, there are many people out there who, for whatever reason, don't get referred to a dietitian, don't live near an outpatient facility offering dietitian consults or have transportation issues. Many people who would benefit from seeing a RD can't or don't see one. For this reason, I am setting up this blog to come to you! Feel free to ask me any and all nutrition-related questions. We will discuss various topics from heart-healthy recipes, to the latest weight-loss trends to how to treat, from the nutrition stand-point, various dieseases or health-related conditions.

No comments: